Wednesday, April 7, 2010

New Sweater for Isabel






This was supposed to be a February Baby Sweater, from the old Knitter's Almanac. However, I forgot to bring the book with me while I was working on it and improvised the lace. (I've knit gull wing lace so many times, I was sure I had it memorized.) I guess I was off by one stitch on each repeat and ended up with this lace pattern.

It doesn't matter. She loves the sweater! Now I just need some buttons.



The yarn is Vintage Wool from Berocco. It washes well, but I thought it was slippery and splitty. The metal needles I was using weren't working for me, so I switched to the acrylic needles from www.knitpicks.com and I had a much easier time.




4 comments:

Lynn said...

The sweater is beautiful! I love Knit Picks needles, I have more of them than any other kind! Been away for a while, but I am back! Love your blog!

Love,
Lynn

CraftyGryphon said...

It came out lovely. (And Is is getting big! I still picture her as Tiny Little Girl(tm)!)

Anonymous said...

Love the photos!

Heather said...

Love that last photo! Such exuberance.