Saturday, May 31, 2008
Friday, May 30, 2008
I had a fantastic birthday. I went to my grandparents' house and enjoyed spending time with them. I was spoiled with tons of golf equipment and knitting gifts.
My stepmother has been telling everyone in the family that I'm mad at her because I'm jealous of the new baby. She even invented a so-called confrontation where I yelled at her for not spending enough time with Isabel. Jeez, that woman thinks the absolute worst of me any chance she gets. It used to break my heart, but I just don't give a flying fuck anymore. She doesn't think I'm human enough to have feelings about the deaths this family has suffered or my daily struggles raising a family of my own. Any time I'm pissed off or depressed, it's all about me being a petty jerk. Never-fucking-mind what I'm going through. All my life's problems are cause by my obvious grade school level emotional intelligence.
Lately I've discovered that smacking practice golf balls in the back yard is 1000% more fun than blogging. Especially since I don't seem to have anything nice to say.
My husband is quite a looker, no?
I restarted David's blanket. I've adapted my new "lazy lace" attitude to his blanket and I've already gotten farther than I had before. I'll have updated pictures soon. I've been wasting a lot of time by casting on many new projects with my new yarn gifts.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
- I don't want to work on David's blanket because each stitch feels like a step towards losing him.
- My handspun yarn is the greatest thing in the world to work with.
- I love entrelac. I love it enough to knit a whole afghan with it.
- I can knit backwards, but I have to use the Combined Method.
- I love knitting backwards.
- Even the most complex knitting can become "space out" tv knitting if you do it long enough.
- I consider an entire blanket of my handspun yarns the greatest luxury, even if the colors are a little fugly together.
- I don't want David to go.
- We went to our Overseas Medical Clearance meeting this morning and I can go to England whenever I feel ready.
- I'm terrified to move with three kids overseas by myself
- I miss my old psychiatrist, even though I really like my new doctor.
- I don't want David to go.
- I don't want him to leave.
I got a request to show Blogger users how to get a nifty Blog Roll from Blogger in draft.
Go to this address and sign in with your regular account. http://draft.blogger.com/
Click on the Layout tab.
Select Add a Gadget.
Click on Blog List.
Add your favorite blogs...I hope that helps!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Crafty Gryphon tagged me for a meme. Here we go.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
As I was trolling around looking for things to buy that I don't need and can't afford, I found these amazing soup containers on the Dieline blog.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Friday, May 2, 2008
Karla had the baby, a boy. We're off to visit for a week. I wish I felt happier. Something about holding baby Ayrith days before she died in an auto accident just makes me not want to go. Poor baby girl, poor mother, poor grandmother, poor cousin, poor sister. I wish this stuff were easier. The only reason I'm going is that it must be a million times harder for Karla, so I'm going to do what I can to let her catch up on sleep and feel loved by her family.