Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lazy Lace



The spontaneous lace scarf I made last week gave me a little boost. I actually used some laceweight yarn that had been languishing in my basement for a long time. I think I bought it right when Knit Picks came out with their alpaca laceweight heathers.



I started over on David's blanket. I cast on with size 11 needles and worsted weight cotton. (The man needs air when he sleeps. Imagine sleeping next to a heavily sweating golden bear.)
I cast on 6 stitches and knit six rows of garter stitch.



Then I started every following row with: knit 3, yarn over, knit to end of row. Whenever I get tired of garter stitch, I knit 3, yarn over, knit one, *yarn over knit two together* to yarnover from previous row and knit to end.
I don't plan the eyelet rows, I just let them happen.
The straight rows will be: knit 3, yarn over, knit two together, knit to end of row.
The decrease rows will be: knit 3, yarn over, knit two together, knit to last 5 stitches, slip slip knit, knit to end of row.

Easy as falling in love!

3 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Nice scarf! Sometime a knit is so soothing. My hubby could sleep in a snowbank and he'd melt the snow around him. He's his own heater.

CraftyGryphon said...

Cool. And glad the blanket is behaving properly now...!

Indigo Blue said...

This is very effective! Yes, I really like this might have a little go and see what I end up with.