Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Sweet Alpaca


SAL 002, originally uploaded by alexcateye.

2-ply handspun yarn...one ply is handpainted alpaca from Spunky Eclectic and one ply is undyed targhee fleece from Sugarloaf Mills.

David bought me 11 pounds of the targee I used. He bought it for me at the Montana State Fair. We walked to the car with a giant bag of fleece as if he'd won me the biggest stuffed animal in a carnival game. Rednecks can be so romantic.

This yarn looks yummy and sugary-sweet. It will be a gift for my bestest best best friend. She's a natural platinum blonde and looks like an angel in pink.

Speaking of sweet, my four year old daughter unloaded the dishwasher while I was in the shower. She stacked the dishes under the cupboards they belong in. All of the silverware was put away, including the spatulas and mixing spoons. I am convinced that the hospital sent the wrong baby home, but I am keeping her.

No comments: