Sunday, December 30, 2007

Whew! That's over, too!

I finished the Swallowtail Shawl! It's right purty. I wore it to church this morning and my pastor kept grabbing the edging and telling me how beautiful it was and what a great job I did with it.




I'm starting a knitting ministry at my church. We are progressive, so we have a coffee shop next door and we'll be knitting there. I'm really excited. Now that I have the Knitpicks needles, I'm destashing a bunch of circulars and I know they will go to good use. I'm not going to get rid of my smaller, metal needles because I used them as blocking wires for one side of the shawl and it was way better and crisper than the other.

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

A knitting ministry at your church- sounds like a great idea! Your swallowtail shawl is gorgeous.

CraftyGryphon said...

Yay! The shawl is lovely. (Hm. I guess I'll keep my tiny metal needles, too.)

Happy new year!