Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Packing


We leave for Oklahoma in a few weeks. I have been sorting through bins of craft supplies and finished projects. It's amazing how much I've made in this house. This bin of socks and mittens is only part of what I knit. So many were given as gifts.
These tubs are full of handspun yarn. I sold a bit and knit a bit and gave quite a bit away, but I still have almost two full tubs. I am kinda proud that I managed to spin my boredom and sadness into something wonderful and tangible.
We might not get base housing for up to 6 months. We'd prefer to buy a house, but the paperwork from the VA is holding up our loan. We don't want to rent and be stuck in a lease for a whole year. We really aren't sure what we'll do. We'll likely be spending quite a bit of time in TLF (temporary living facility) while we scramble to find a place to live. I made this giant tote to make living out of a suitcase more pleasant. I made up the pattern as I went along. I used fusible batting instead of interfacing and the bag is both sturdy and cozy. I might make some more as gifts when we get settled in Oklahoma.

2 comments:

Traci said...

I'm moving too. I'll keep reading your blog. Your projects are always interesting.

Susie said...

Love the tote!