Friday, April 11, 2008

Cervical Dysplasia



This is my self-imposed art therapy for cervical dysplasia.





I had a bad pap last year. I don't want to talk about it. It was awful. Here's the embroidery. I wrapped it over canvas stretcher bars.

I have also discovered that I have a natural talent for arbitrarily assigning embroidery stitches to represent bodily functions. My services are free--a gift like this can't be hidden from the world.





I ended up mounted the brain. Maybe I don't need as much Puritanical Practicality as I think I do. Maybe I can make something just because I want to--just to make myself feel good. Maybe I don't have to have a good, sturdy purpose for everything. Maybe I can just enjoy having ideas and seeing them through. Maybe I can finally start taking down the cross-stitched puppies my mother in law has hanging in our house. (Despite the fact that she lives in IL.)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Honestly, I love your embroidery of the body. And serios question here, but are you planning on selling any on your etsy site? I'd love to purcase something for a few family memebers and myself. I love it, you really have a great talent for this type of embroidery!

Knit - R - Done said...

It never ocurred to me to sell it.