Sunday, February 15, 2009

I knit something. Srsly.

I finished a pair of socks for Sgt. Husband that I started before Thanksgiving. They are boring, but I love having plain socks to work on in those little moments here and there. The yarn is Patons Kroy Stripes. I tried Kroy a few years ago and thought it was scratchy and lacked elasticity. I don't know what changed, but this yarn is bouncy, smooshy, and happy. I hope he likes them.



I also got my spinning wheel out for the first time since my husband left for Korea. The wool is a handpaint I did this summer. The colorway is "Bedtime Story." I dig it. I can't decide if I'm going to ply it on itself or spin another bump of inky, midnight blue. I'm thinking.
I hope you had a great V-Day. I ate an unladylike amount of chocolate and went to bed early.

1 comment:

Alwen said...

I keep looking for Kroy Stripes - one day I'll get to the store before there is nothing but a labelled bin with air in it!