Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Does this make sense outside the military?


As part of my War and Piecework series, I am designing uniform patches. When I asked my husband what he'd like put on a badge, his first response was, "Shut up and color." I am really inspired to run with this. I'm depressed. I miss my husband. My feelings about the Air Force are really complicated right now.
More cool badge/patch links:
Stabbed great merit badges for stages of a woman's life
I'd Tell You, But a book with declassified US military badges

I'm hoping to elevate blurry, unblocked, wrinkled, poorly-lit needlework photos to an artform. The trend started here.

6 comments:

Alwen said...

I don't know if it makes sense outside the military, because my husband's in the Guard. But it did make me laugh!

Lovs2Knit said...

I can honestly say I've never heard Shut up and Color before I came into the military. :)

CraftyGryphon said...

Hee! I don't know if it would make sense outside the service (I grew up Army) but I think it's hysterical!!

Anonymous said...

It makes PERFECT sense!

I don't know if civ's would get it, but I love it.

Mr X Stitch said...

I have no idea what shut up and color means, but I love the piece.
You should post it on craftster.org!

Anonymous said...

Woah, I missed this. It's awesome. I'd make some for my military co-workers.