Thursday, September 20, 2007

My pet yarn

I love my alpalca yarns. I could pet them all day. They are a dream to spin. I literally grabbed a handful of the dusty fleece and started spinning. It practically drafts itself. The only problem is that the soft, kitten-like feel on my hands feels like fiberglass on my neck and torso. This purple two ply was spun on a drop spindle over a year ago and I think I'll just keep it for a pet.

I'm in the process of ripping out a beautiful lace neck warmer I spun and knit from snow-white alpalca a few weeks ago. I'm going to make something to be worn further away from the skin. I got out an old hairpin lace loom and I'm experimenting with a shawl. Alpalca is warm enough to stand up to the enormous holes of the hairpin lace. I hope it turns out.

No comments: