Saturday, February 23, 2008

False Spring Cropped Cardigan






It's too warm here. It's been in the 30s and 40s. I live in Montana and it's February. This won't last, however lovely the warmth and sunshine is.


Children knock at the door all day, begging for playmates.


My light-starved soul has been temorarily recharged. I've been cleaning...voluntarily. I have been throwing things away without threats from my husband.


I'm celebrating this mini heat wave with a fun crocheted cardigan designed by Monica Brown. The pattern is free and easy to understand. If you can crochet a granny square, you can make this sweater. It has elbow length sleeves and a swingy shell-stitch body. I'm making it out of sturdy, warm wool, though. When the dry, cold Montana winds start blowing again, my cardigan will keep me warm.





I bought the yarn for this sweater in the clearance aisle at Michael's a few weeks ago. I brought home a conservative 7 balls. Really, who can pass up $2 wool? David was so impressed that he drove me in a snowstorm across town to buy the rest of their stock. I ended up with 21 balls of yarn--much of it a rusty orange color David loves.




Just when I think I'm driving him bonkers with the yarn all over the house, he enables me to buy more. He's also been asking me to work on the afghan he'll take to Korea. (I've been trying to work a few rows whenever I can. It's too bulky to take anywhere.) Perhaps I have converted him to Fiberism. Hmm... interesting...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.