Monday, February 11, 2008

My favorite sweater


Enjoy my (self) award-winning bathroom mirror photography…




This is the oldest sweater I have in my wardrobe. It's not the prettiest, but it was my first design. It's my favorite. I used Lamb's Pride. If it weren't so itchy, the yarn would be my favorite, too. I love the texture. I almost love the fuzz. I don't love the prickle. I always wear a long sleeve tee under this sweater.

I did the entire thing in twisted stockinette stitch. I had just finished a crochet afghan jag and wrapped the yarn incorrectly while teaching myself to knit continental style. I figured out what I was doing halfway though, and finished by knitting though the back loop.




I love twisted stockinette, but I don’t recommend it for stripes because people will constantly try to straighten your sweater for you.






The star is a crochet motif. Had I known I would grow up to be a stay-at-home-mother, I would never have made such big sleeves. I end up rolling them up because I drag them through everything.



I wear this sweater more than anything I’ve ever made. It’s a junky, sweatshirt style and I don’t mind cleaning house or kneading bread while wearing it. (At least we know the source of the purple hair in the dinner rolls.)




By the way, we're moving to England when David gets back from Korea. It's a long way off, but something to look forward to...

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

Ooo, England. There's a lot of good wool in the British Isles! That's something to look forward to! (That, and, of course, David getting back!)