Monday, November 26, 2007

(Don't Eat) Yellow Snow


Here is a new novelty yarn for the shop. I used one skein of vintage "Fluffy" yarn from Unger, 4 strands (2 skeins) of vintage "Nevada" yarn from Flits, and two plies of my handspun targhee. I spun the whole yarn two strands at a time, crisscrossing the strands over each other after each spinning. Then I overdyed the whole skein with bright, happy yellow Jacquard dye to perk of the 70's look of the yellow faux mohair. I ended up with about almost 70 yards of bulky weight fun.

I like combining old with new, serious with funky, and wild with sedate. I'm working on some more yarn remixes this week.

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

Ooo, it looks sort of lemon-meringue-y. Or like pound cake.

Hm. Maybe I should go hit the vending machine if YARN is making me hungry...!