Friday, July 10, 2009

Catching up a bit

I'm in the mood for a bit of housekeeping, so I took a few pictures.

I worked on these entrelac socks on my many airplane and bus rides on vacation. I even took them out a few times on the subway. This was the perfect project to bring with me. Sock knitting will always remind me of Korea. They had many stores dedicated to fancy, cute socks. Since you have to take off your shoes a lot in Korea, you need nice socks.

I sewed this purse for my trip. I wanted a crossbody bag that would keep my hands free. I made a zippered interior pocket to protect my passport, money, and boarding passes. (I lose things easily and it was a relief to know that they were safe and sound.)

I got the fabric at Joann's with a 40% off coupon. I really loved the colors. I got more compliments on this bag than anything I've ever made.


I also put a pocket on the strap for my iPod or camera. It was really handy. The pleats on the outside were an accident. I cut the lining too small. I love the look of the gathering. I plan to make other bags with deliberate pleats.


Months ago, I joined the Phat Quarter ATC Swap. I got my package late because the artist lives in England. The card she sent me was funny, a little sad, and very pretty. I was really honored to receive this.
Her packaging was also a treat. She wrapped everything, including some vintage buttons on a handmade card, in sewing patterns. Then she tied it all together with floss and a big button. It was such a treat to open a package like that. I am really inspired by Megan to pay more attention to how I mail things. There is no reason to be plain and boring.

1 comment:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

i love that bag - all the sectoins are great i really really hate having to rummage around my bag chasing my keys around all the debris that accumulates in there!

i'm really glad you liked your ATC i was very nervous about it - so it was a real life when it eventually arrived and you liked it!
kind regards Megan.