Thursday, July 30, 2009

Arm Flab Cozies

At a certain age, a woman's upper arms start to "flutter." That's the nicest way I can say it. I don't mind wearing sleeveless shirts and dresses around the house, but I don't go out in public that way.
The first arm flab cozy is a handspun linen Whisper Cardigan. I modified the pattern to suit my yarn, but I didn't take any notes. I enjoyed spinning the linen. It's a bit rough against the skin, but it's absorbent and cool to wear.
The second arm flab cozie is a top down raglan without a front. Sorry that the modeled photos shows bulging, sunburned cleavage. My husband was being sneaky when he took the picture. Bamboo actually feels cooler than bare arms. This shrug was my best friend in Korea.
The third one is a One Skein Wonder. I used the leftover cotton yarn from a skirt I knit last year. It's the warmest to wear, but I like it enough.

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

Heh. "Arm Flab Cosy" is much more descriptive than "shrug". I am adopting this term henceforth.