Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Appointments and Disappointments

David is out of town attending his brother's funeral. My brother-in-law had cancer several times and it is a relief to the whole family that he is at peace. I just wish there was something I could do to make my sweet husband feel better. I lost a brother this year, too, but every loss is unique in its pain. I can't imagine what David is going through right now, all I can do is listen and knit.


I'm working on David's blanket, as much as I hate to think about actually finishing it and sending it to Korea with him. This one is 100% cotton and knit at a loose gauge. The ball band recommended a 6, so I went with a 10, creating a meshy, net-like fabric. My husband's core body temperature when he sleeps is 999.6. I think that's in Kelvin.
This morning he admitted that he can't sleep without me. (Once you've slept with a giant, flopping trout who snores, steals your blankets, and elbows you in the face--you really can't sleep alone again.)

I've also cast on for some entrelac socks David wanted. I'm much more excited about knitting these than a garter stitch blanket. I'm also embroidering some secret stuff for him that I won't post yet because he actually reads this blog a few times a year.

David has been nagging me for over a year to get my wisdom teeth pulled, so I'm doing it. I fear/hate this more than anything. Seriously, I'd rather get another cervical biopsy. I'm also getting my first dental cavity filled. (I have to brag that I'm 33 years old and this is my first cavity.)

When I told my husband I was doing this, it actually cheered him up a little. (We are very mean to each other when we're physically sick--that's just how we are. I'd think he didn't love me if my oral surgery didn't make him chipper.)

I'm also getting my eyes checked, my asthma monitored, and I'm hiring a new therapist. I've been on the phone with insurance companies and medical receptionists so much lately that I put my phone away hot and sweaty every day. I'm trying trying to get all of my medical care turned over to civilians--it's so much easier. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Lovs2Knit said...

lol....my hubby is a furnace too! Can't wait to see the socks.
I've had all 4 wisdom teeth removed and it wasn't too bad. We're on the list with Tricare to pick out civilian docs....hope our names come up soon. I've been holding out having my knees checked out until we can see a civilian provider. I'm very much looking forward to not seeing anymore military docs.