Saturday, March 15, 2008

E is for...

...a lot of things.




First...entrelac. I taught myself entrelac because David has requested some entrelac socks and I've noticed that he actually enjoys wearing the socks I have knit for him.

I love this technique. It's really engaging. I don't have to wait for the "fun part" of the knitting, it's all complicated.

I've started working hard on the household items I'll be sending with my husband to Korea. I don't want him to be able to take a shower, lie down for a nap, or get through a work day without being touched by something I've made.

I'm on a washcloth kick right now.



Second...espresso, which I buy in both whole bean and powdered form for many applications in the kitchen. I love the picture of the retro diva on the Bustelo jars and cans.





Lastly...eyes--my best feature. Even though I hate, hate, hate makeup, I never have a "bad eye day" when I feel like my eyes look like crap. Having hazel eyes is fun. You never know which color they'll be. (I even love my glasses.)

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Is he heading to Korea for a year? Mine left when our oldest was only 6 months old. Course that was over 6 years ago so I'm waiting for the ball to drop and he get orders to Korea again.

I haven't tried entrelac but it looks interesting.

Alpaca Granny said...

You're right! Your eyes are beautiful!
Maple