Thursday, March 20, 2008

Won't You Wear A Sweater Day



Today was Won't You Wear A Sweater Day. I meant to post earlier to remind everyone, but things got hairy-scary at home this week.

I'd hoped to get better pictures of the maiden voyage of this sweater. (None of the kids can hold the camera steady and hubby is gone.)

Anyway, this crocheted un-cropped cardigan reminds me of the sixties--the swingy shape, the 3/4 length sleeves, the groovy buttons.

I added underarm gussets to prevent some of the bagging I saw on Ravlery and added a few inches to the length. I still need to add one more giant snap to the lower bust, but I was able to wear it. (Buttons and snaps never line up with my actual anatomy. The buttons in this pattern are just for show, a series of hidden snaps keeps the double-breasted sweater shut. I guess a need extra to keep myself locked and loaded.)




I think Mr. Rogers would approve. After all, I made it myself!

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

Ooooh, I like it! Must remember the extra-hidden-snaps trick if I make one like it.