Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There is a reason my patterns are free...



I am so sorry to anyone who has been struggling with my Lizard Ridge Socks (Ravelry link). I rewrote a lot of the pattern last night. I was trying to say repeat between** and other nonsense and it just wasn't working.


I cast on a Lady Lizard last night, working directly from the printout, rewording and clarifying as I knit. It should be more understandable now.


I am using some Noro Kureyon Sock (Ravelry link), a gift from the lovely and amazing Melissa. I would have to drive four hours to buy this yarn, so it's a treat. I am loving the results.


A lot of people on Ravelry have complained about the inconsistencies in the yarn, but I enjoy the spontaneity. It's like knitting with my handspun--the next stitch is always a surprise. The fabric is yummy and alive. The difference between this yarn and ordinary sock yarn is like the difference between a loaf of fresh, crusty bread from an artisan baker and a loaf of sliced bread from the grocery store.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

I didn't know that you were on Ravelry. Send me your ravelry name. Would love to make your socks!

XXOO
Lynn

Veronica said...

I am glad to hear good things about the Kureyon sock. I have really wanted to try it, but I have hesitated because strangers on the Internet didn't like it. :P

Anonymous said...

wow, you've already cast on with it? go you!
i'm not usually a purple lover, but when i saw it combined with that green, i yanked it right off the shelf. so pretty together.

my kureyon socks have held up better than all the others i've knit. they accidentally went though the washing machine last week and i was shocked that they made it through unharmed.