Monday, October 27, 2008

This is my gun...

Have you ever read Written on the Body, by Jeanette Winterson? The first line of the novel is, "Why is the measure of love loss?"

Would I have known how much I love my husband if he hadn't been taken away from me? Would I long to know every aspect of him? Would I take him for granted? Would I push away his hands rather than lie awake at night thinking of the strength and warmth in them?

Here is the M9. He wears it strapped to his thigh. Power and awe. Love and longing.

I am terrified of guns, spiders, snakes--anything too dangerous. David handles things that terrify me. He isn't afraid of anything.
He is confident that our love will survive.

I'm not sure if this is blackwork or redwork. Maybe it's both.

6 comments:

Mr X Stitch said...

It might be blackwork, it might be redwork, but I know for sure that it's great work!
Nice one Alex!
Make sure you pop it on Craftster as well, so people can admire your skills which are, quite frankly, awesome!

Lots of love,
Mr X Stitch

Mr X Stitch said...

D'oh! Now I've seen it on Craftster.
Nice one!

Anonymous said...

Nice work! You live in GF, right? Do you ever go spinning with the spinner's group? I always had fun with them when I lived there (last year).

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! You did an amazing job!

karen said...

That is spectacular.

Anonymous said...

wow thats awesome~!