Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Linus Woobie

Bathroom lighting flatters neither face nor soul. Silk makes the pain go away.

This triangular scarf (mini shawl) is made of the most delicious silk ever. I used Tillie Thomas Pure and Simple Silk in Moroccan Blue. The sparkly stripes are Kid Silk Night. I hug this thing all day like a security blanket. I knit the whole thing driving back from Illinois. I could have finished it faster than I did, but I couldn't quit making out with the fabric as I knit.

The silk parts remind me of a blanket I had as a kid. It was fuzzy except for a satin binding and I loved it. I rubbed the satin between my fingers until I fell asleep.
The triagular shape makes this really comfortable to wear. The fullness gathers around the face and it's very snuggly.

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

Zowie, you're showing a lot of your finished stuff lately.... you're finishing something every other day (or less!).

I bow to your Vast Nitin Speedz!