Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whenever I worry about my husband, I knit.

I made pirate mittens in Cindi's school colors. I've never seen anyone get so excited about such an ugly color combination.


Corrugated rib is awesome. I must find other uses for it.
I went to Joann's to get some stuffing for a project and they now sell bamboo fiberfill. I picked up a 12 ounce bag to give it a test drive. The texture feels a lot like a cotton boll right off the plant and it doesn't have much loft. I think it will work for stuffies that are decorative and won't spend much time being loved by active kids. It also seems easier to pack down and create very stiff pillows or doll limbs.

2 comments:

Lovs2Knit said...

Very bright!

I like corrugated ribbing although it does take me a bit longer to work then regular ribbing but I think it's worth it.

CraftyGryphon said...

Whouf, those went fast! (And... it's just bright green and yellow? Add some red! Needs MOAR KOLUR!! ... well, you've seen my color sense, or complete lack thereof...)

Seriously, they're adorable. Blame the school for their odd color choice, not the mittens! (I've got that pattern somewhere, I know I do.)