Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Raggedy Ann Socks



I started these Cascade Fixation socks back in June while touring Yellowstone. Then I got bored. I finished the pair in a hotel room at Ellswoth AFB, South Dakota. The high point of our time there was looking up George Washington's nose. I was bored enough to be happy to knit a second stockingette sock. Then I wove in ends for three projects in one sitting. Bored.


I've been dreading the day that David leaves for nine months. Time has slipped through my fingers so fast. It was three months away, then it was a month away. Now I can count the time in hours. He's really going for a whole year and nothing will stop it. Please let the next year fly by as quickly.

2 comments:

CraftyGryphon said...

He'll be back soon. I remember when my dad went (the third time) without us, it flew by. (Especially that last month, when I had to get my room clean enough to withstand inspection. I think I was 17 at the time, and things had gone downhill neatness-wise without Dad to keep me in line!)

*hug*

Lovs2Knit said...

Cute socks! It's time already. Try to stay busy it helps. If you need some one to chat with I'm here! (((Hugs)))