Friday, December 5, 2008

Easy Peasy Veg

I noticed that the more vegetarian meals I eat, the thinner and more energetic I am. While I'll never give up my wool, giving up meat is easy and delicious.


Because I spend most of my time crafting, cooking always comes second. While I admire the talent of all the vegan foodbloggers, that just isn't me.

I have been advised by a friend who wants some easy vegetarian recipes for her meat-hating daughter to start publishing my lazy recipes for you all.

Here is tonight's dinner:



BBQ Tempeh the Lazy Way
1/2 bottle KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce
2 packages tempeh (about 8 ounces each pouch)
1 medium onion
garlic powder
olive oil
Chop onion and saute in olive oil until it softens. Sprinkle a little garlic powder on it and give it a quick stir. Fill BBQ sauce bottle with water to top. Shake. Pour over onions. Slice tempeh into 1/4 inch slices and add to watery sauce mixture. Simmer until sauce gets sticky and thick. Serve over toast or cornbread.

I steamed green beans and gave the kids leftover Mac and Cheez to bribe them into trying a new food.

I made Shake and Bake Tofu last night and my kids inhaled it. I'll post the recipe when I get a picture.

In other news, I wore a new scarf and sweater on their maiden voyage today. I hate to admit it, but my handspun sweater was a little i-word. (You know the word nonknitters say about wool.) I was actually scratching my elbows at Sam's Club today before I realized I was acting like a baboon and stopped.
At least I was toasty warm and got a compliment on the scarf.
The scarf is crocheted. I'm writing up directions to give out soon. The drape is lovely. My quest to crochet a Clapotis-type shawl continues, but I am getting close.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

oh wow, that looks delicious! i need "lazy" recipes like that since ah...i don't really cook haha. and that scarf looks awesome! i like the pattern

Anonymous said...

dinner looks good. Has to be better than the overcooked dried dinner I had in the chow hall.

ChickenBetty said...

um. I totally NEED that pattern!!