Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scrapbooking for Ghetto Mamas



If you have a photo book sitting around and a bunch of children's homework, you have a scrapbook waiting to happen.


My husband and I have been trying to pawn off this album forever. Seriously, who prints out their vacation pictures in 5x7? I would be willing to bet money that this thing has been regifted at least 3 times.

Here is my lazy little idea.


I put Isabel's school portrait in the front. Then I cut her homework into 5x7 pieces, making sure to catch good grades, her name, the cutest bit... A guillotine type cutter makes this easy work, but scissors are fine. Then Isabel stuffed the pages into the plastic pockets. I'll write a letter for the last pocket for her to read when she gets older.


The good handwriting gene is absent in my family.
It's an easy treasure.

1 comment:

CraftyGryphon said...

That's actually a really great idea...!

Hm.

May have to start doing this with my husband's homework... (he's still in school).