Thursday, December 4, 2008

BFF Slippers are done

My best friend ever is Angela. Sadly, she is blogless.

She is the most amazing woman I've ever met.



She is wicked funny and can get you to laugh at your own pain, even in the middle of a meltdown.

She is an amazing artist.

I taught her to knit a few years ago and she has exceeded my skill. She can knit intricate lace with sticky mohair yarn without making a single mistake.

She has survived through horrible things I can hardly imagine and she is still a good person.
If you want to make a pair of slippers like these, you can follow the directions for Fuzzy Feet, leaving off the cuff. My secret to perfect slippers is to make them gigantic and shrink them to a very dense fabric.



I used Bulky Lopi yarn and did them two at a time using a Magic Loop.

It took 4 washings with hot water before I figured out that my groovy natural laundry soap was not as efficient as dishwashing liquid to felt wool.
I suppose I could shave the fuzz off, but I enjoy the Hobbit-like effect of the halo.
These are off to Missouri. I guess the best part about orders to Oklahoma is that I will get to see her more often.

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

Those felted slippers look awesome, I bet they are so toasty! Lucky Angela.

- Julie

Lovs2Knit said...

Great slippers! I want to make a pair for myself soon. Wonder how hard it is to felt in a front loader washing machine.