Wednesday, November 26, 2008

W is for Watchcap


David needed a new hat. He continues to wear the one I made his last year, even though it looks like it's been through more wars than he has.

I used the Marsan Watchcap pattern. I liked the twisted rib, but I hope it's warm enough. You can see how the purl stitches get really thin when the rib is stretched. At least there is a deep cuff--extra strength ear protection for bald men.
I've knit for over 25 years now. The first 16 I twisted every purl stitch. This little hat reminded me of the years I wondered why I couldn't get row gauge.


I used Knitpicks Swish Worsted. It really is soft. I have heard about the yarn bleeding, so I'm going to wash this twice before I send it to Korea. I really don't think my husband would like a blue forehead.

Have a happy holiday. I've got a tofu turkey waiting for tomorrow. When I ate meat, turkey was my favorite. I love me some Tofurkey.

No comments: