Monday, October 29, 2007

More Spinning


I've been busy with the wheel. I spun 940 yards of bulky weight faded cloudy blues yarn. I'm swatching, but I'm not sure what to do with it. This is by far the largest amount of any lot I've ever spun, but not quite a full sweater's worth. I'm thinking of doing my old standby of a top-down raglan. I'm going to unravel the swatch and measure the yardage to see how far it may go first. Maybe I'll make a hooded vest...that sounds fun.

The pink is a handpainted roving I threw in the crockpot with the Lumberjack sock yarn. It's a navajo plied dk/sport-ish weight yarn that would make excellent socks or mittens. I might send it to my friend in KC. (The recipient of the blue yarn.) She shows off my handspun at her local knitting store and they all fondle it. That gives me chills. Validation--it's not easy for a rural housewife to find.



I ripped out my Icarus shawl. It felt so good.

1 comment:

Knitted Gems said...

Wow, I just the color of the pink yarn. It is so vibrant!
I can't wait to see what you'll do with the blue yarn.