Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Time to start holiday knitting




I found the Fiber Trends Ballet Slipper pattern I intended to knit for all my female family members last year. I hadn't even started a single slipper. My husband and I went trolling around the shopping center with Petco and Michael's last night. (He has a fish tank problem like my knitting problem, just ask our cichlids.) I picked up some SWS, Lion Wool, and Classic Merino and decided to start doing something ahead of time for a change. It'll give me a chance to have a box store yarn felting/fulling comparison.

The SWS yarn is very softly spun. It's almost a cotton candy of a yarn. It's shiny and fun. It's almost like knitting with something I would have spun myself. (I would never, ever shrink my own yarn - it hurts to think of it.) I'm afraid it will be hairy and awful, like fulled Lamb's Pride, but the sample hanging in the store was dense and lovely.
We'll see.

No comments: